Privacy and the protection of your personal data are very important for Play Up which has always processed the collection, use, consulting and treatment of the data in strict compliance with the applicable legislation regarding personal data protection.
With the application of EU Regulation 2016/679, also called the General Data Protection Regulation, Play Up is committed to providing its customers with detailed information about the use and protection of their personal data, the reasons why it is processed and their rights regarding this processing, in compliance with the provisions in articles 13 and 14 of the GDPR.
1. Data Controller
1.1 ETFOR – Empresa Têxtil S.A., with head offices at Av Margarida Queiroz, 301, 4740-438 Forjães, Esposende, owner of the Play Up brand, is the entity that is responsible for processing the personal data of Play Up customers.
1.2 Play Up customers can contact the data controller through the following addresses to raise any questions or get clarification regarding personal data protection:
- By email to firstname.lastname@example.org;
- By post to: Av Margarida Queiroz, 301, 4740-438 Forjães, Esposende.
2. Personal data category
2.1 The personal data that ETFOR collects and handles is limited to what the Play Up customers provide voluntarily, expressly and unequivocally by completing any form contained on this website.
2.2 ETFOR processes the various categories of personal data depending on the reason for processing the data at any time, after classifying it in the following way:
- Identification data (e.g. name, signature);
- Tax identification data (e.g. tax identification number);
- Address and contact data (e.g. tax address, postal address, telephone numbers);
3. Purposes of processing the data and legal grounds
3.1 The Play Up customers' personal data is processed in pursuit of specific, explicit and legitimate purposes and cannot later be processed in any way that is incompatible with these purposes.
3.2 In order to ensure a minimum and limited collection of data, ETFOR only handles data that is strictly necessary, adequate and important for the purposes for which it is handled.
3.3 Our customers' personal data can only be processed for the following purposes:
- To manage your registration on the Play Up platform, i.e. if you want to register as a user on this platform, we need to handle your data to identify you as a user and grant you access to various functions, products and Play Up services, as without processing the data this would not be possible.
- Development, compliance and enforcement of a purchase and sale or service contract, which occurs for instance when you buy a Play Up product, and, if it is necessary to deliver the item, we also have to process the data for the transport.
- Your data will be processed for accounting purposes or for billing in accordance with the legal obligations. When you buy a product on our site, we have to process your data to issue the receipt;
- Marketing and communication of products and services. ETFOR handles your data to send you the Newsletter and Play Up promotional campaigns by email and/or Short Message Service (SMS), and to invite you to Play Up events. This data processing occurs in pursuit of the data controller's legitimate interests and/or when a customer has given their free, informed and explicit consent to this purpose.
- Customer support. ETFOR considers it legitimate to process Play Up customers' data to respond to requests and/or questions they raise regarding Play Up products and services.
4. Personal data recipients
For the purposes mentioned above and in compliance with its legal obligations, ETFOR may have to send the Play Up customers' personal data to third parties, namely:
- To entities that are subcontractors pursuant to the General Data Protection Regulation, to provide the contract enforcement services, logistics and transport, information technologies, data storage, auditing, document management and litigation, namely with service providers in the transport and logistics area, accounting, information systems, auditing and litigation areas. ETFOR shall only use subcontracted entities who act according to its instructions and as long as they present sufficient guarantees they can undertake the proper technical and organisational measures so that the processing satisfies, among other things, the security, confidentiality and integrity requirements and these guarantees are formalised in an agreement signed by ETFOR and each of these entities.
- Entities that are considered to be third parties for the purpose of the General Data Protection Regulation such as the Tax and Customs Authority, Judicial Entities and Regulators.
5. Storage period
5.1 Your personal data will be processed as long as it is necessary or while mandatory to comply with the purposes mentioned above.
5.2 The data needed to manage the registration as a user on the platform will be kept until the customer decides to cancel their registration.
5.3 The data processed under the scope of the development, compliance and enforcement of a purchase and sale contract or service contract will be stored for the period of time strictly necessary to manage the purchase of the products or services, including any returns or complaints regarding the purchase of the product or service in question.
5.4 The data processed for accounting purposes and/or billing will be kept for the legally required period of time to pursue this purpose.
5.5 The processing of data collected for marketing and communication of products and services will be kept for 1 (one) year as of the customer's last interaction or until they withdraw the consent that they gave for the purpose, depending on the case.
5.6 The data processed under the scope of customer support will be kept for the time needed to respond to their inquiry or request.
6. Data Subject' Rights
Play Up customers, as the data subjects, through the collection and processing of their data, have the following rights:
- the right of access: whenever they request, they can access their personal data, get information about the processing of their data and get a copy of their personal data that is handled;
- the right of rectification: whenever they consider that their personal data is incomplete or inaccurate, they can request that it is rectified or completed;
- right of erasure of the data: notwithstanding any legal obligations that may limit this right, the data subjects can request that their data is eliminated when: the data no longer needs to be processed for the purpose that justified its collection or processing; they withdraw their consent on which the data processing was grounded and there are no other legal grounds for it; they present opposition to the processing of the data and there are no prevailing legal interests, to be assessed on a case by case basis, that justify the processing; when the data has been processed illegally; the personal data has to be deleted to comply with a legal obligation that the data controller is subject to; the data has been collected in the context of the offer of services by the company mentioned in article 8(1) of the General Data Protection Regulation;
- right of limiting the processing: the data subject can request to limit the processing of their data in the following situations: if they contest the accuracy of the data, during a period that allows the controller to check the accuracy; if the processing is illegal and the data subject opposes to their personal data being deleted and requests that its use be limited; if the data processor no longer needs the data to be processed but the data is still necessary for the purposes of declaration, exercise or defence of a right in a legal process; if they opposed the processing, until it is seen that the legitimate interests of the data processor prevail over theirs.
- the right of objection: the data subject has the right to oppose the processing of their data when the processing is based on the legitimate interest of the controller or when the data is processed for other reasons than those for which it was collected, but that is compatible with it.
- If you oppose the data being processed, ETFOR shall stop processing your data unless it has legitimate reasons to conduct this processing and these prevail over your interests. You can also oppose the processing of your data at any time for direct marketing purposes.
- right to portability: if your personal data is in a structured format that is in current use and automatic reading, the processing is based on the express consent or in drawing up a contract and if it is done by automatic means, you have the right to send them to another controller as long as that is technically possible.
- right to withdraw your consent: in situations where the processing in question is undertaken based on your consent, you have the right to withdraw the consent you gave at any time. In this case, the controller will stop processing the data in question, unless there are other grounds that justify the processing.
- the right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority: you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Portuguese 'Comissão Nacional de Proteção de Dados' (National Data Protection Commission) regarding the matters concerning the processing of your personal data.
7.1 We collect cookies when you visit our site. A cookie is a small text file that is placed on your hard drive by a web page to improve performance and the user's browsing experience, increasing the speed and efficiency of replies while eliminating the need to enter the same information several times.
7.2 There are two kinds of cookies:
- permanent cookies - which are saved in the browser you use on your equipment (PC, mobile and tablet) and that are used whenever you return to any of our sites. They are normally used to direct the browser according to the user's interests, allowing us to provide a more personal service.
- session cookies - these are temporary cookies that stay in your browser's cookie folder until you leave the website. The information these cookies collect is used to analyse web traffic patterns, enabling us to identify problems and provide a better browser experience.
7.3 The cookies are used for the following purposes:
- strictly necessary cookies - Allow you to browse the website and use the applications as well as letting you access secure areas on the website. Without these cookies, the services you request cannot be provided.
- analytical cookies - These are used anonymously to create and analyse statistics to improve the website's operation.
- function cookies - Save the user's preferences regarding their use of the site so they do not need to configure the site every time they visit.
- third-party cookies - These measure the success of the applications and the effectiveness of third-party publicity. They can also be used to customise a widget with the user's details.
- publicity cookies - These direct advertising, depending on each user's interests so as to direct publicity campaigns taking into account the user's preferences and they also limit the number of times an advert is seen, helping to measure the effectiveness of publicity and the success of the website organisation.
Depending on how you manage the cookies on our site and your interaction with us, we use some of the information that is collected by the cookies to make sure the site works properly, highlighting the proper views of the contents, remembering your cart, your registration, adjusting the screen resolution to improve our offers among other things. This information includes registration details, location, session duration, the products you selected, your equipment, your browser and your IP address.
When you browse our site and then later visit platforms where there is publicity format (social networks, Google and other partners of these networks) you may be shown adverts about our brand. We also use the data to reach new potential customers who may be interested in our products.